Yr4 Sem2 Grades & Conclusion to ADM
INT275 WEBSITE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT I: A-
DT2006 ISSUES IN ANIMATION PRACTICE: A+
DT2003 3D MODELLING I: A+
ADM450 PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE FOR CREATIVES: A
ANI495 ANIMATION FINAL PROJECT: A+
YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS IN DIGITAL ANIMATION WITH FIRST CLASS HONOURS
Finally getting to my goal!
I started my art education in ADM from zero knowledge and skills 4 years ago. I suffered badly in foundation year and first year of animation when everyone already knew how to draw, paint, make art, do strong concepts and works. But being in a major that I love, I worked many times harder. I remember spending the entire vacation period just watching hundreds of tutorials to improve my CG skills. I spent another vacation painting every week while working part-time at NTU library. I keep up with reading books on philosophy and film to find out more about what I love (thank you ADM library!). And at year 4, I can completely crush the market with both skills and knowledge, plus the amount of effort and time I spend on my projects.
I have also proven the following point
You don’t need a single stay-over or a night without sleep in art school.
I would like to particularly thank the following professors:
- Ng Woon Lam – for bringing me into the powerful world of painting and enabling me to know how to see and make decisions without much hassle
- Heitor Capuzzo – for showing me the visual vocabulary that inspired me deeply
- Ishu Patel – for your guidance in my projects and your trust in my vision
- Sabapathy – for your amazing lectures that provokes my critical thinking about art, religion and culture
- Vincent Tang – for being a great sound mentor
- Xavier and Bryan from ILM – who showed me what the industry deals with so I know what skills are needed
- Gerald O’Grady – who taught me how to read films
- Davide – who drilled me on animation principles
- Mark Chavez – who gave me a lot of good resources
- Hans Bacher – who taught me what is good and what is trash
Maybe it’s not goodbye to ADM yet as I might carry on some work here? But right now it’s all about seeing the completion of my graduation work and putting it on big screen!
Yes, it doesn’t matter where your starting point is. If you spend enough effort on something and have the passion for it, you’ll easily surpass everyone at the end of the day.